Had done this once before, but meh, one never runs out of things to say about oneself... ROFL
Once you've been tagged,
you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things,
facts, habits, or goals about you.
At the end, choose 7 people to be tagged .
- My first foray into japanese culture/comics etc. was probably Slamdunk. I can't remember how I'd picked up the books; it might have started with me watching a random ep of the anime on TV. Regardless, i think I saw a few eps, got hooked, and then everything went downhill from there ^^;;;; I fell in love with my first jap song, the theme song by WANDS, and then I bought all the issues of the comic. And then, i discovered yaoi in the form of Sendoh/Rukawa *big sweatdrop*
- I like slashfic/yaoi. LOVE. The fandoms I predominantly stalk are Harry/Draco, Sirius/Remus, Arthur/Eames, and, recently, Yunho/Changmin. Though my first love has always been, and always will be, Harry/Draco. =D
- I tell everyone the first cds i bought with my own money were L'Arc En Ciel's Heart and Luna Sea's Shine. In truth I might have sneaked in SPEED's Moment too (which is beyond embarrassing). Also, I picked up L'arc's cd because I'd thought Hyde was female *facepalms*
- I am first and foremost an Anglophile. Then i am a japan-ophile and fracophile, in that order. I blame my parents for the british tendencies, and slamdunk for the japanese. French i blame wholly on Joseph Gordon Levitt singing in french.
- Um, i speak english and chinese predominantly. Also a smattering of badly accented cantonese, japanese, and dribbles of french - what i can remember of four years of french class (which is not a whole lot at all, when you think about it) ^^;
- I would like to tour the whole of japan and europe before I die.
- I tend to watch movies i like many many times. I watched each LOTR movie, the extended versions, 3-4 times each. At one point I could recite the quotes. Also, I watched Inception three times. =D
- I reread The Chronicles of Narnia and the Harry Potter series on an average of once a year. Yes i like the books that much.
- As much as I tell people i'm a fantasy/sci-fi freak, i've never finished the LOTR trilogy at all. On the contrary, I've read Tolkien's Silmarillion and The History of Middle Earth from cover to cover. I'm not sure how i managed to tolerate the dry writing in those books and yet am unable to sit through LOTR. =_=
- Also, even though I'm a sci-fi freak, i do not like the star wars/star trek franchise. It's just so - cliche. LOL Though the irony is that those movies likely launched the cliches in the first place. LOL
- As i get older i get more convinced that i've made a huge blunder in course of study and career choice.
- When i was a kid i wanted to be a scientist. Then i got realistic and decided to be an engineer. Somewhere along the way thereafter i wanted to be the lead guitarist in a rock band or an artist. But then i grew up and money got important. So now, i'm still an engineer. Sigh.
- My music collection is predominantly male - i.e. i don't own much music sung by females. I am not sure why, but the female voice gives me a headache. Too shrill maybe.
- Sometimes i lie awake at night and fear that a wish i'd made long ago on a real shooting star while i was young and stupid would come true. I don't want it to.
- The best and only memory i have of my first relationship is of me dragging him down for a kiss at a busy crossroads while at school. I later wrote that into a fic.
- I have 65+gb of music. A quarter english, a quarter japanese, and a quarter chinese. The remainder is split between french, korean and classical music.
- Once I met Gackt in singapore by accident and shook his hand. He spoke chinese to us and I was too flabbergasted to answer coherently. bonedoll did all the talking, bless her soul. XD This is probably the only cool celeb-sighting story i have T_T
- I have only won one contest where I really wanted the prize. It was two tickets for a Suede concert showcase at the TV studio. I only got lucky because the newspaper had printed the wrong email address and I'd gotten the right permutation of the email by accident. And yes, if you squint i'm in a blue shirt sitting on the right corner of the screen on the dvd. LOL
- I am 3 degrees of separation from Mayday, 2 degrees from Joseph Gordon Levitt, and 4 degrees away from DBSK. This gives me immense satisfaction, though calling up favours to meet them through that chain of connections is probably not going to happen. ROFL
- I once squeezed into the front seat (just the passenger front seat mind you) of a Volkswagen Beetle with my best friend. This was two girls with huge backpacks and balancing a basket of fruit in the front seat while the kind old lady driver was seriously regretting her decision to pick up two lost asian hitchhikers. There were also two huge dobermans drooling down our necks from the back seat. This is still my favourite hitchhiking/backpackign in germany story ever. XD
- I'm a spoilt brat, i see it now. ^^;;;;
- My self esteem is right where my feet are. rock bottom ^^;
- I'm what i call a neat freak susceptible to bouts of messiness. That is, i usually let the mess and clutter accumulate till I reach a critical threshold before i spend the next 5 hours cleaning obsessively.
- But i am most OCD when it comes to my mp3 collection. I've tagged and retagged each file meticulously, and i keep changing the system to make it more efficient. Which of course results in me only having tagged 30% of the collection at any time T_T
- I don't know what i'm doing, nor why i'm doing what i'm doing.